Throughout this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within SleepyWinks and related parties.
We collect information from you in order to provide and improve our Site and services (collectively, the “Services”), to administer your use of the Site and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As you use our Site or Services, we collect information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three categories:
- Information you directly give to us.
When you use our Services, you may choose to voluntarily provide us certain information. This may include Personal Information (described below), demographic information, and any other information you give us. You may also provide us information about other people, including when you direct us to send a gift.
- Information we collect from other sources.
You may give us permission to obtain information from your account, or information you submit on other services, including social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. The information that we obtain from those services depends on your privacy settings for those services or their privacy policies.
- Information we collect automatically as you use the Services.
“Personal Information” shall mean information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you. Personal Information includes your name, email address, username, password, billing and/or delivery address, birthday, and other personally identifiable information. It does not include information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us including when you:
- Register a user account to use the Site;
- Join our mailing list;
- When you place an order on the Site;
- Submit a user review;
- Use or interact with our social media channels;
- Participate in a survey; and
- Communicate with us.
HOW WE USE THOSE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Process your orders;
- Communicate with you about your orders, returns, user account, or other services;
- Respond to you on your inquiries or requests for information;
- Post your reviews or comments on our Site or Services;
- Inform you about our brand and products related information, or other promotional purposes;
- Deliver to you updates, ads and contents that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Analyse, maintain and improve our Site, Services, and other marketing activities; and
- Detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud.
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose your information to anyone.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
As part of the process of carrying out our business, we do need to work with a number of third parties who are experts in their particular fields. The limited instances where we may share your information include:
- Third party service providers who we contract to deliver or fulfill your orders. The Personal Information shared with them will be limited to only that necessary for them to perform the service.
- Other partners or service providers who we work with to enhance your experience with us and your usage of the Services. This includes our marketing partners, social media services, as well as third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in offers, surveys, analysis or research.
- In the event of an attempted, or suspected, or actual fraudulent or criminal activities, we may disclose your information (including Personal Information) when reasonably necessary to (a) detect, investigate, prevent, take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, security or to assist governmental agencies; (b) enforce or apply our Terms; (c) investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; (d) protect the security or integrity of our Services; or (e) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of SleepyWinks, our customers, or others.
- To do business in the countries that we do deliver to, we may be required to liaise with regulators and other law enforcement agencies in those countries. If we do come under a legal or regulatory duty to disclose or share your information, we will have to do so (including your Personal Information) if disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your Internet browser on your computer, or other web-enabled devices when you visit the Site. They are not harmful and do not contain any Personal Information. Likewise, the cookies do not and cannot read any other information that are stored on your computer or other devices you use to access the Site.
Cookies are an essential part of how the Site works. Some of these cookies are required by the Site to enable you to transact and complete an order whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and improve the way the Site works. Cookies used on the Site also allow you to sign in to your user account so that you can use features such as order information and making payments.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies – They expire when you close your browser. These cookies allow you to navigate the Site and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies – They are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These cookies will remember your preferences so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you.
We may collect certain information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify users and user behaviour.
We may also use third party advertising companies or social media platforms to help tailor our Site content, or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies or platforms may similarly employ cookies to collect certain information. Please note that any information collected by these companies or platforms is not linked to any Personal Information collected by us.
By accessing and using, or continuing to use, the Site, you consent to our use of these cookies and web beacons and the way we collect information as described herein.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
At any time after you register your Personal Information with us, if you would like to:
- Update Personal Information;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us;
- Close user account;
- Provide us feedback;
Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access the Site. Your browser may provide you with the ability to control cookies, or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. We do not control these default settings which are offered by your device or software provider.
We always strive to make sure your information is protected and follow industry best practices to make sure your Personal Information is not inappropriately lost, accessed, misused, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
When you submit your payment card details, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, the payment gateway provider that we use follow Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard requirements (PCI-DSS; created jointly by Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We do not see or store your payment card information. For this reason, you must resubmit your payment card information with each new transaction.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Services may contain links to third party websites or services. If you click on these links, you will be directed to those third party websites or services. The third party link is not an endorsement or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy policies or practices. We do not control these third party websites or services. They may adopt different policies and practices regarding the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of other websites you visit.
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time, so please check and review this policy regularly. Changes or updates will take effect immediately upon their posting on the Site.